Over the last few days the blogger awards have been passed in my general direction. Like crazy! I feel like I need to make a post about it to express my gratitude. I’m new to this, but it’s so fun to be sort of getting to know some wonderful other bloggers. I’ve really found some good stuff here in the blogosphere.
But here’s the thing. Now I feel like my site’s going to have visitors, and I wasn’t prepared. Much like when my dad stops by unannounced and I feel like I have to spend the entire time doing dishes so that he’ll THINK I was JUST ABOUT to start cleaning this pigsty, and maybe will keep his judgement silent. Hmm, that simile got out of hand. I’m not sure it’s actually entirely like that. Unless you guys are going to start calling me up to tell me about my failings in life. Then I can certainly compare you to my dad. You guys, my dad’s a really good guy who loves me. We just don’t communicate very well.
So, to separate the gist from the blahblahblah: I am now self-conscious about the fact that I don’t have a witty and moving post readily available. Maybe I will someday. Watch this space.
I think I’ll do another award acceptance post to address these latest. I think I will stray even farther from the rules this time.
Some (more) things about me:
– I have two children, Lorelai and Corbin…I’m just kidding. I mean, I’m not kidding about having the kids, but since you’re reading my blog, you are VERY aware that I have these children. And that they’re super cute.
– My favorite band of all time is The Rolling Stones. But I also ADORE the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen (my favorite SONG of all time is Thunder Road and I think that if you don’t like Bruce Springsteen, you are UnAmerican. Which is only OK if you are one of my Canadian readers.), and Lucinda Williams. And others, those are just the ones that popped in my head.
– I have 3 tattoos that are all of pretty poor quality, and that pisses me off and keeps me from getting any more even though there’s one I’d LOVE to have. I can’t afford tattoos anyway. And if I COULD, Brian would declare it his turn. Again!
– I’ve always wanted to invent a line of nail polish in muscle car colors like SubLime and Plum Crazy. There could even be Primer Gray and Bondo Pink. The bottles could be shaped like mag wheels. I’ve thought about this a lot, lol.
– I spend an inordinate amount of time feeling bad that I’m not as good of a person as I’d like to be. And then I commit to changing that. And then I give up because I apparently have no idea how. And then the cycle starts again.
– I am addicted to House Hunters International on HGTV. Except I get really mad when Ugly Americans go on the show and talk about how “weird” it is to have a washing machine in your bathroom while looking at apartments in Rome. Assholes. I also refuse to watch the ones where it’s like a rich family searching for a 400,000 tropical vacation home and they’re complaining that NO ONE could POSSIBLY live OR vacation with ONLY 3 bathrooms instead of 4. Those ones make me bitter.
– I think that’s enough about me for now.
Here are the blogs where I’ve recently been nominated for either the Leibster or the Versatile Blogger award:
Thank you all SO MUCH for reading and for nominating me. And everyone else, go check out their blogs!
And here are some blogs that I’d like to mention that I didn’t nominate in my first award post a while back.
Also, thank you to everyone who cheered me up yesterday afternoon. Little bugger still hasn’t rolled for me!
P.S. I’d like you all to know that I typed the majority of this post with just my left hand while nursing a baby and then holding a sleeping baby. It took FOREVER!