– Corbin’s up for the day at 4:30. Again. He’s sort of started kind of sleeping through most of the night lately (how’s that for a definitive statement? Lol.) but he is up so early every day and won’t go back to sleep. Which also means that by 6:30 he’s unbearably crabby. That makes two of us.
– In these bleary, early mornings I mostly sit around praying not to hear Lola’s feet hit the floor. I love her to pieces, but it’s so early! Every time Corbin makes a normal baby noise I’m like “don’t be so loud!!” So you can imagine how I feel when Brian’s alarm goes off loudly at 6:30. Who on God’s earth wants to wake up to a blaring, slightly garbled version of AC DC’s If You Want Blood? And then hit snooze!?
– So Corbin eating solids is great EXCEPT that I now have to share all my food with him or he cries. He has pretty much turned into a Hungry Hungry Hippo. The blue one. And I’ll be honest, I’m sort of into my food! The worst is that Lola once shared her cocoa puffs with him and now he FLIPS OUT if there are cocoa puffs in the vicinity and they are not in his fists/mouth (and, lets face it, hair/clothes/diaper.) Ten month olds don’t need cocoa puffs!! Well, not that three year olds do either.
– Thank God I now have a five hundred dollar iPad so I can screw around online more!lol. No one on my message board has answered my question about getting Corbin to sleep longer. Probably because if they know, THEY’RE STILL SLEEPING! But just for those who are interested, my favorite apps are Stumble Upon for me, and Scribble Press for Lola. She made the cutest book already. Also, Liv’s Cupcake House is the best game that ever existed, but i finally perfected every level, so bring on the game recommendations. I don’t want to have to spend much money, and I’m not into action type games, more those puzzle type, addicting ones.
– Ok, be honest, am I the only one who OCCASIONALLY runs a not TOTALLY full dishwasher just cause I don’t wanna hand wash all the bottles? I looked at it last night and thought “oh, I can definitely run this in the morning so we don’t have to wash bottles tonight. It’s half full already and by the time I put breakfast dishes in there…” Then I put in
all my many breakfast dishes my oatmeal bowl (what the hell did I think I was going to have for breakfast? I don’t cook.) and realized, well, that I’m running it anyway. But I do feel guilty. NO ONE TELL MY COUSIN ASHLEY, she’s kind of a conservationist. Though, she’s also young and hot and in great shape even after having a baby, so she could use a little frustration. 😛
– Lola doesn’t wake up till 8 this morning and holy crap that’s like never happened. Also, OMG THE LEAVES ARE GORGEOUS AROUND HERE RIGHT NOW! So we take a drive to look at them all. I can’t remember the last time they were this good, so I try to figure out some great fall thing to fit in today between errands and Drs appts and housework. I think we’ll go get caramel apples and cider, but if you guys have suggestions, feel free. She goes to the pumpkin farm like every week with my dad, so I’m looking for other ideas. Maybe we’ll pick apples this weekend.
– I have developed a pimple on my chin that is so large that I am fully expecting other pimples to start orbiting it. That is all.
– I’ve noticed a recurring theme in my Wednesdays posts. That theme is Corbin Visits the Pediatrician. I think it’s hysterical that I wait with my kids for 45 minutes to be seen for literally less than 5. And by hysterical I mean infuriating. And it’s ear infections again!
– Lola is soooo obsessed with the color purple. Anytime she sees anything purple she immediately says “purplemyfavorite” all one word like that. I downloaded this coloring book app for her, and her pictures are mostly of purple princesses with purple skin and hair on purple backgrounds. And she cries if you try to sneak another color in there. Even, say, periwinkle.
– OMG THE LEAVES! THEYRE SO FLIPPING INCREDIBLE!
– Weather’s kind of bummy so we’ve postponed our Fall festivities to the weekend. It’s just more fun when you have to fight crabby crowds and get clipped in the ankle with strollers. We do, however, go to Applebee’s. Because we’re just classy that way. After which I shower with both kids, and Lola uses the bath toys to play everyone’s favorite game, I Squirted Your Boob! You know, like ya do.
– I am now pretending to watch the debate while I play on my iPad and mull over whether I should call in to work tomorrow so I don’t get forced to punch some asshole right winger in the face. And by that I mean my boss.